THE STORYTIME YOGA AT-HOME TRAINING PACKAGE
...is the best way to learn principles and methods of Storytime Yoga at your own pace. This self-study guide includes lessons, audio files, videos, and ebooks to help you master the art of using yoga and storytelling for kids.
Discover how to strengthen your family connection with yoga and story. Develop a deeper bond with your own kids, and/or your students. Make the education process come alive for them, through the power of yoga and oral storytelling.
If you want to educate children, you must find a way to hold their attention. Storytime Yoga does just that!
Kids and adults alike benefit from Storytime Yoga through:
Included in this package:
- Increased literacy and mental health
- A sense of peace and calm
- Enhanced vocabulary and listening skills
- Better health and fitness, greater flexibility, a more meaningful connection with the body
- Character education - learn valuable life lessons conveyed through folktales and stories of wisdom
- A greater sense of enjoyment at home, school, or in the studio
- Tap into creativity for personal enrichment and transformation
- Discover your own "story in the body"
There are three training segments in this package, featuring 12 self-paced lessons. These trainings will teach you how to bring joy and health into your own home, school, library, yoga studio or treatment center!
Upon purchase, you will receive:
- 3 training segments, with four lessons each, to build on your storytelling and yoga skills:
- Part I: Awakening the Storyteller
- Part II: Stories from the Heart
- Part III: Mythic Yoga
- MP3 Audio lectures with each lesson segment
- Ebook: Storytime Yoga: Teaching Yoga to Children Through Story
- Ebook: The Treasure in Your Heart: Yoga and Stories for Peaceful Children
- Ebook: Mythic Yoga: Vishnu’s Dream
- Downloadable video of live Storytime Yoga class, "The Peddler’s Dream"
- Complete audio album: "The Peddler's Dream: Wisdom Stories from Around the World" (MP3 downloads)
- Complete audio album: The Golden Cucumber: Stories from Indonesia (MP3 downloads)
- Sydney's childhood memoir: Outside The Concentration Camp
- Personal e-coaching with Sydney is available for a separate fee.
Note: This is self-paced study material. To enhance your experience, we suggest joining the League of Yogic Storytellers, an international online community of like-minded individuals who are also undergoing their own journey of personal myth exploration.
PART I - AWAKENING THE STORYTELLER
- Audio lecture
- The importance of story, symbol and imagination
- The Healing Power of Yoga and Story
- The Art of Storytelling
- Benefits of Storytelling
- The role of the Storyteller/Yoga Teacher
- The Storytime Yoga Method –interdisciplinary learning
- Techniques for Teaching children Pre-k through 5th grade. Special section on working with teens
- Class curriculum and set up.
- How to find and tell stories with confidence
- STORY: The Peddler’s Dream from England
- Finer points of storytelling.
- Introductions and centerings.
- Using props
- Working with ADHD children and holding kids' attention.
- STORY: The Magic Pear Tree from China
- Meditation and Relaxation through Story and Image
- Follow up activities, using art, writing and story.
- Warm ups
- STORY: The Shipwrecked Sailor from Egypt
PART II - STORIES FROM THE HEART
- Stories in Action. Getting children to create and tell their own stories for literacy and yoga.
- Other ways to use story and yoga.
- The Power of Personal Storytelling.
- STORY: The Lion’s Whisker from Africa
- Audio lecture
- The Age of Anxiety and the Need for Meditation and Relaxation.
- Stress free living and Relaxation in the Home
- Teaching yoga philosophy and peace and character education to children through story
- Relaxation and meditation with story and image.
- Therapeutic uses of story and Yoga Play Therapy, the benefits of Ayurveda for Children
- The wisdom of stories
- Building a story repertoire
- Exploring yoga philosophy and peace education with children
- Storytelling for mental health
- Building your repertoire.
- Making a story your own
- STORIES: Children of Wax – Africa
- The Cracked Pot – Hindu
- The Stonecutter – Japanese
- Praying the Psalms - Jewish
- Relaxation and Yoga Nidra with story
- Creative visualization and guided imagery with children
- Advanced storytelling techniques
- Creating healing fairy tales for personal and class use
- STORIES: The Story of the Sands – Sufi
- Calming the Storm – Christian
- The Jewel in the well – unknown
- The Banyan Deer - Buddhist
- Using story as theme in classes
- Activities for children’s self-reflection
- Personal Storytelling
- STORIES: The Monkey and the Moon – Chinese Standing Still – Jewish
- The Heart that No Longer Moves – Sufi
- The Three Sisters - Muslim
- Gift From the Gods - Hindu
PART III - MYTHIC YOGA
- Stories for Anger management
- Stories for peaceful children
- Performing as a Storyteller
- STORIES: Conejito and the Wax Doll – Native America
- Two Wolves – Native America
- The Dove and the Sparrow – Unknown
- The Spirit Who Lived in a Tree – Buddhist
- Audio lecture
- What is myth? The History of Myth
- The need for Myths and the Mythic Imagination in the Modern Era
- Myth and Yoga
- Creation myths
- Connecting to the Myth - myth contemplation during yoga
- Personal Storytelling early life
- Self-reflection through myth
- MYTH: Vishnu's Dream – Hindu
- Sedna – Inuit
- Amaterasu - Japanese
- Hina and the Eel - Polynesian
- Dream work
- Animals and nature – Animal totems – Cycles of heaven and earth
- Personal Storytelling – Desires and fears – adult life
- Myth contemplation during yoga
- MYTH: The Fabric of Life – Hindu
- The Man Who Forgot He Was God – Hindu
- The Grateful Crane - Japanese
- Jumping Mouse - Native Amerian
- The Eternal Return
- Personal Storytelling – Death and transformation – mid life
- Myth and dream symbol contemplation during movement
- MYTH: Durga and Kali – Hindu
- Inanna – Sumerian
- Osiris and Isis – Egyptian
- The Birth of Jesus - Christian
- Mythogenesis – creating personal myths and body myths
- Healing with myth
- MYTH: The Birth of Krishna
- The Fisher King – Grail myth
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 28 January, 2010.